This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Web Developer - Full-Stack Software Engineer
Posted by Amrita D Kishore (@akishore)
Dimagi was born from the belief that there’s a better way to provide services to those in need. Our mission is to create digital products that support global development efforts and help accelerate the end of extreme poverty. CommCare, our mobile data collection platform, is designed to improve data collection and the quality of frontline services in low-resource settings around the world. We work across various sectors with organizations of all sizes providing mobile solutions that put end-users first. Working with partners that include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, CARE International, and the World Bank, Dimagi has successfully implemented CommCare and supported 2,000 projects across 80 countries. Dimagi is a certified Benefit Corporation and leading social enterprise, working since 2002 towards our commitment to making an impact.
Our Global technology team helps to develop and improve our platform’s architecture design for expressing end-to-end system workflows, both at the functional level and the technical level. Since CommCare is used for applications related to many different types of problems, from agricultural extension education to improving delivery outcomes at birth, the software is written as a portable application engine. That means we don’t often build custom code for specific projects.
Dimagi is looking for a Web Developer to join our Global Technology team on a fixed-term contract till the end of 2020. This position will be based out of our office in Delhi, India but remote work within India is an option for the right candidate. The annual salary for this position will be as per competitive market standards, and commensurate with experience and qualifications
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys small organizations, multi-tasking, and a highly flexible work environment. Our developers share a passion for making things work in challenging situations and seeing the impact of our work first-hand. We can’t wait for you to join our team!
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Owning the technical development of the project dashboard which is relied on by hundreds of government officials on a daily basis.
- Working with our implementation team to develop new features, make product improvements, and fix bugs.
- Helping keep the dashboard performant as the volume of data and usage continues to scale nationally
- Working with our global technology team to incorporate the features into our open-source platform.
Skills and requirements:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Background in building software for the web and comfortable in making UI/UX decisions
- Familiarity with using a version control system to facilitate collaborative work
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with colleagues across the globe
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience with Angular JS
- Experience in building dashboards and reports for large data-sets
- Enthusiasm about working in public health and international development
Benefits we offer:
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Dimagi aims to provide benefits that have a substantial impact on our staff’s well being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance covering employees and their family, paired with a generous OPD and mental health allowance
- Health and Fitness allowance (prorated)
- Prorated Air Quality reimbursement to include air purifiers, pollution masks, etc
- Monthly contributions to each employee's EPF account
- 30 days Paid Time Off and Flex-Time - Prorated as per joining date
- Complimentary lunch in the office
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer