Geosnapshot is a sports photography company that offers a world class platform for massive event organisers allowing them to manage photographers, distribute and sell photos from their event. We are passionate about our craft and beleive great products are powered by simple, elegant & scalable software. Our mission is to build the world's best platform for sports photography.
We are growing our engineering staff and are looking for developers with experience building and maintaining Ruby on Rails applications. to join our team. You will be working closely with the Product & Design teams in the company in building compeling user experiences and features for our customers.
What we are looking for in you:
- Atleast 3 years of web application development experience.
- Knowledge of the Ruby on Rails framework, its limits and ways to extend/ work around the framework.
- Fluent with git, Docker, Github.
- Strong SQL skills and ability to debug and fix performance issues with queries.
- Prior experience in deploying and managing production infra.
- Mindful about writing clean, simple & intention-revealing code.
- Awareness of design patterns and object oriented design principles
- Problem solving and designing systems through abstract thinking, layering, etc.
- Open to experiementing with tools outside your skillset to solve problems. (we have a couple of Go services, few Lambda functions, etc.)
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate with a team and mentor junior developers
Problems you'll be working on: If the following excite you, you should definitely consider reaching out:
- Optimizing / rearchitecting our database to handle millions of customers purchasing photos and hundreds of thousands of photos being uploaded to the platform each month.
- Building a photo processing pipeline that involves transformations, metadata extraction, learning attributes extraction, etc that can handle thousands of photos uploaded every minute.
- Scaling various services, data, product, etc to manage massive monthly growth.
- Building a data pipeline to extract, store and process metrics powering analytics dashboards.
- Migrating to Kubernetes / ECS or any of the modern container orchestration infrastructure.
- Working closely with the design & product team to build compelling user experiences and features for our customers to use.
- Competitive pay.
- Work at one of the best coworking spaces in Chennai.
- Open source, local tech community involvement actively encouraged.
- Allowance for taking on non-technical courses outside of work.
- Monthly allowance for books.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer