This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Technical Project Manager - Mentor To Go
Posted by Mentor Together (@mentortogether)
Mentor To Go is an android and web based platform to help students improve their work readiness through self-learning sessions, personalised mentorship provided by mentor professionals from a range of careers, and work experience opportunities.
The technology platform implements functionalities such as: screening surveys of mentors and mentees, matching through an algorithm, mentorship through the delivery of structured activities and a curriculum etc.
The application technology architecture comprises of the following:
o A Python Django web application with NGinx and Gunicorn
o PostgreSQL database
o A React Android and Web app
o Rest APIs which interact between the Android app and the Django webserver
Our vision at Mentor to Go is to provide career mentorship to young people anywhere, anytime across the length and breadth of India.
We are seeking a Technical Project Manager who is passionate about building technology that solves social problems and creating experiences that are elegant and effective. You will own, drive and create world-class user experiences throughout the lifecycle. You will serve as a product owner within an agile, cross-functional team of operations and engineers to work on the most impactful features. You are user-centric, continuously demonstrate strategic & analytical abilities, and are laser focused on executing at speed. In this role, you will partner with diverse cross-functional teams to lead, execute, monitor, and deliver results. You must have the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment, where success is dependent on your ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners in a positive, productive, and transparent way.
- Understand MT’s strategic position to deliver features
- Drive product development to build end to end solutions with a team of engineers and designers.
- Serve as a product owner within an agile team, write user stories, prioritize the product backlog, and work closely with engineers on the team to implement and acceptance test the stories
- Create a deep understanding of our demand and supply side users. Analyze current user experiences to define friction points and create seamless and effortless experiences
- Develop a product roadmap and work with cross-functional teams (business, operations, development, UX, analytics) to execute on the roadmap
- Apply analytics to evaluate launch outcomes and ongoing platform performance to help build best in class experiences.
- Define detailed product requirements and use rapid cycles to iterate and learn
- Build trust and effective relationships with cross-functional team and provide leadership across the product, engineering and business teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferably CS or related discipline
- 8Y+ of experience in internet technologies based product development for the web as well mobile devices with some experience on applications using Django, React, Postgressql
- 3Y+ of technical project management driving end to end implementation from defining user stories to testing and deployment of features
- Strong ability to translate product needs to technology and understand technology.
- Detail-oriented, unfazed by technical detail, committed to flawless execution
- Ability to participate in technical discussions and help make technical trade-offs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Team player; ability to interface and build relations at all levels
- Experience developing customer facing products, technologies and platforms
- Experience of creating open source projects out of products
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Strong technical leadership, project management, analytical problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to collaborate, build consensus, deliver, and drive technical decisions with various sized customer stakeholder groups
- Demonstrated experience in building AI and Machine learning driven experiences
About Mentor Together
Mentor Together is India’s first and largest youth mentoring non-profit organization with a mission to facilitate empowering mentoring relationships and networks that help young people break the inequalities of opportunity and actualise their potential.
Mentor To Go is the world’s first mobile mentoring platform created by Mentor Together with the support of Cisco India, LinkedIn Social Impact, British Telecom and Sterlite Technologies. To learn more go to www.mentortogether.org.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer