Ruby on Rails Software Development engineer
Posted by Eva
Position: Software Development Engineer [SDE-1]
Technology - Ruby On Rails
Level : Junior / Mid
Experience: Min 2 years
What's the opportunity?
We are looking for Junior/Mid level engineers to join the team that enables the core technologies that PawfectlyMade is built on. This is for you if you are passionate about areas such as: Ruby on Rails, Html, CSS, Elasticsearch, MySQL, or building resilient systems at scale on top of AWS technologies.We’re a mid size team splitting into areas of focus such as frontend technologies & back end services built on ROR.
We’re building a robust e-commerce platform where your expertise can be applied to areas such as building an efficient experience for customers, a secure by default system, all while scaling the ecommerce platform to millions of users.
Learn more about our platform at https://pawfectlymade.com/.
What will I be doing?
● Demonstrate strong foundations in coding principles, be able to understand, create low-level algorithms and solve complex problems efficiently.
● Work as part of a team developing web applications within agile methodology
● Keep up with the latest technology innovations in media, cloud and software development
● Contribute to our technical strategy and architecture as we grow.
● Contribute to all phases of software development including ideation,prototyping, design and implementation. This role has a mix of both hands-on development as well as architecture work and enablement.
● Raise the bar for technical standards, performance, reliability, and operational excellence
● Care about agility and simplicity as much as you care for scalability and availability. Continuous deployment keeps us focused on incremental releases
What skills do I need?
● Experience in engineering databases, algorithms, APIs and data structures
● Experience as a back-end developer in a commercial environment with expert knowledge of Rest API development.
● General software engineering maturity I.e. building efficient pipelines which have a high bus factor
● Best practice knowledge of security, performance and accessibility
● Knowledge of how modern web applications work as well as distributed systems
● Ability to learn quickly, iterate, unblock yourself, and persist until the right problem is solved.
● Proficient with standard software engineering methodologies, e.g. unit testing, object-oriented design, data structures, code reviews, design documentation.
● Significant, demonstrated impact that your work has had on the product and/or the teams you worked with.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer