This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Node.js developer UX/front end/full stack
Posted by Dinesh Kumar (@stardines)
Help us to empower the next generation to fight climate change. We are a startup company building solar systems for schools and kindergardens and educate the pupils on the impact of solar power. We are searching for enthusiastic developers to extend our team in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India to build an international platform to develop, build and finance solar systems for schools.
Candidates must be able to interpret the business needs and develop web based solutions to enable thousands of schools to go solar and teach the next generation about the challenges ahead to fight climate change.
Areas that you would be working on are:
• Developing education applications for our Energy Detectives and Solar Ambassadors program using real data from solar panels and meters installed at each school.
• Improving and adding functionality to our online tools to analyse a schools solar potential, compare options etc. by integrating into 3 party data sources, adding image recognition to roofs, adding alerts and sharing functionality, reports etc.
• Modelling solar and battery systems and optimising the size of each based on a schools location, electricity pricing tariffs and half hourly consumption data.
• Launching the solar for schools platform in further countries around the globe - UK, Germany and India are in place. Spain, New Zealand, Columbia, Ukraine are in development.
• Improving our interactive map with all known solar schools in the world
• Developing management processes for getting tenders from installers and then managing installation process.
• Integrating the platform into other software solutions from architects to school websites.
Extending our platform to manage solar system portfolios end-to-end from planning, fund raising, building, operating and monitoring.
• Coming up with more ideas to implement to reach more schools globally
• Familiar with Github
• A passion for the environment and an interest in solar power.
• Nice-to-have: AWS, Azure or GCP experience, Highcharts, Vue
• Engagement to fight most important challenge on this planet - climate change
• A growth mindset
• Diverse international culture and working environment enabling the individual strengths and interests
• A good mix of young talent and experience
• Agile, dynamic and distributed development process using modern cloud technologies
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer