This post was made with a public webmail address. The employer’s identity has not been verified
Full-Stack Web Developer
Posted by benedict patrick
Our company is looking for a contractual remote web developer to work on an existing website that needs to be modernized.
The Full-Stack Web Developer position will be primarily working on new platform integrations, large data sets, and custom plugins, all within the WordPress environment. You will need to know how to troubleshoot and customize themes and plugins. You also possess the ability to quote dev time accurately and meet deadlines.
Skills/experience most important for the position are:
- Expert-level knowledge of the WordPress core
- Custom PHP development using WordPress hooks (actions / filters)
- HTML, CSS
- MySQL and relational databases (writing SQL statements, data management)
Skills/experience required for the position are:
- Mid-to-senior level developer with prior agency experience
- In-depth knowledge of WooCommerce (customization and maintenance) and WooCommerce-related plugins
- Experience with large data sets
- Service integrations using AJAX and streams
- Knowledge of web development tools and web browser compatibilities and capabilities
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
Additional skills that will be more highly favored for the position include:
- Experience with Elasticsearch when used with WordPress
- Knowledge of when to use client-side vs server-side techniques and general coding best practices
- Server administration, including Linux and AWS
Our company has been in business for over 20 years, thanks in part to our team of experienced, smart, & passionate people. We value our clients, our people, our families, and our quality of life and make sure to balance all those.
Job Type: Full-time
- PHP: 5 years (Required)
- WordPress: 3 years (Required)
- MySQL: 3 years (Required)
Fluency in English
Good communication skills and ability to communicate easily with non-techies
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer