Posted by Diksha Chand (Virohan Corp) (@hiring)
Virohan is a human capital optimization engine that uses technology to provide progressive livelihoods to youth from low-income population. We are a holistic plug and play technology platform built to solve a critical problem that India is facing - the shortage of technically skilled workforce for low & mid- level jobs. With a team of 100+ and centers across 7 states, we are a rapidly growing organization looking for fast, focused, flexible, fun and friendly professionals who are eager to create disruptive product solutions.
An Android developer is responsible for developing applications for devices powered by the Android operating system. Due to the fragmentation of this ecosystem, an Android developer must pay special attention to the application’s compatibility with multiple versions of Android and device types. He/She must also have a strong understanding of the patterns and practices that revolve around such a platform.
Overview of the Role and Requirements
- The ability to work well in a team. Oh yes! We need a team player first and foremost.
- You need to be wickedly creative.
- The ability to think logically.
- A good memory of how software and systems work.
- Eye for detail and identifying problems. In case we don’t see it.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Deeply seated problem-solving skills
- A strong customer focus.
- The ability to prioritize your workload
- Attention to detail.
- If you believe in making an impact on society and are keen to be a part of the education sector, we would be delighted to hear from you.
- You will be a key member of the tech team and hence, a pivotal decision maker. As an ideal candidate you should possess an entrepreneurial mind-set, high levels of creativity, bias for action and can code exceptionally well.
Speaking of code Let’s talk tech!
- There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary, and those who don't. So creative coding and strategy interpretation has to be your thing, naturally!
- You will spearhead simple and robust front-end implementation and also ensure that the final product satisfies our user needs and goals.
- You will be working on create real time web dashboards/customer facing web-apps using Angular and integrating with APIs.
- We will get chance to work on Full stack development on LAMP stack.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
A knack for benchmarking and optimization
Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Familiarity with continuous integration.
3 Must Have
Very Efficient with API integration, Application versioning
Integration with Analytical tools, Strong it testing, Firebase, and Clevertap
Nice to Have
Worked with Ionic, App to be user-friendly have worked on material design
What you can expect:
- An outright friendly work environment.
- Get ready to look at problems in unique ways and learn.
- No bar on creativity.
- Maximum flexibility and tolerance.
- Supportive and diverse team working with mutual respect and clear communication
- You’re going to find a leader guiding the team not the boss.
- Challenging tasks so that you can keep your brain healthy.
Get ready to embark with us on the creative adventures, create the incredible and live your dream.
Are you up to the challenge?
Maybe add on job learning opportunities’ at Virohan???
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer